What You Get
- Consideration for Short of the Week.
- Thoughtful feedback from a member of our team of top curators including a score based our 5-point scale and 100-200 words on what works and what doesn't for an online audience. Learn more about the type of feedback we offer and see examples here. If you'd like to submit without feedback, you can submit to our standard Submission.
For details on the submission process, what to expect, what we look for, and other common questions, please review our Submission Guidelines.
- Length—Films need to be 40 minutes or less. We prefer most films sit on the shorter end of that spectrum—the average film we feature is 10 minutes. The longer your film (over 15 minutes), the tougher judges we tend to be.
- Premiere Status—No premiere status is required, however, we give preference to films that haven’t yet premiered online. So, don’t wait to submit your film.
- Rights—We require films to have all necessary rights and releases secured for us to feature them. Yes, this includes music.
- Free to View—We only select films that are free for audiences.
Unfortunately we cannot refund a submission fee once you’ve submitted your film. Please make absolutely sure you want to submit your film before doing so.
As with other festivals, your fee is paid for your film to be considered. By no means does submitting your film guarantee that your film will be accepted for Short of the Week. If your film is not accepted, your submission fee is not refunded.